Domestic Asbestos Removal
Asbestos containing materials were used extensively in the construction and refurbishment of domestic properties in the UK.
Asbestos in the Home
- Water Tank: Asbestos cement and is often found in older properties (pre 1980)
- Pipe Lagging: Used to keep heat in or cold out. Often painted over, or protected by outer coating so not obviously asbestos.
- Property Insulation: Loose asbestos can be found as insulation in wall and floor cavities and in lofts.
- Textured Coating (eg artex): Can be found throughout a property on ceilings and walls.
- Soffit Board (roof overhang): Sits behind fascia at eaves level. Boards can be made from asbestos cement or asbestos insulating boards.
- Toilet Cistern: Toilet cisterns can contain asbestos-reinforced resin composite materials.
- Wall Panelling: External wall cladding and as internal wall panelling particularly around windows.
- Fuse Box: Each Fuse wire has an individual asbestos flash guard. Panel behind fuse box can be asbestos.
- Heater Cupboard: Around domestic boiler often contains asbestos insulating board.
- Floor Tiles: Plastic floor tiles, often different colours and mainly
hidden under carpets and ceramic tiles.
(Vinyl Floor Tiles: The tile backing may also contain asbestos paper).
- Rainwater Items: Roof gutters and down pipes can often be
made of asbestos cement.
We know the word ‘Asbestos’ can set alarm bells ringing, that is why we take time to communicate with our Clients so that they have the knowledge and confidence to have peace of mind.
Although UK legislation is largely geared towards non-domestic scenarios, our Company adopts the same practices and procedures that our Commercial clients receive, ensuring our domestic clients receive the same high level of protection.
Our Operatives possess years of experience to ensure our clients receive a high standard of service. To ensure our Clients feel comfortable and confident, all our employees arrive in A1 Environmental Services liveried vehicles, company issued uniforms and a full range of certification.